This is a timetable of all current classes held at Whitsunday Martial Arts.
Our Commitment to You:
- To ensure your personal safety at all times
- To create a positive and supportive training environment
- To develop a training program to achieve your personal goals
Your Commitment to Us:
- To be ready to commence classes on time with all required gear
- To show respect for facilities, equipment and all attendees
- To be the best you can be
|06:00-07:00||Circuit Class||Women’s Boxing||Kettle Bells||Women’s Boxing||Sprints|
|07:00-08:00||Pro Training (Invite Only)||Pro Training (Invite Only)||Pro Training (Invite Only)|
|16:00-16:45||Colt Boxing||Colt Ju-Jitsu||Junior Boxing||Colt MMA||Colt Boxing|
|18:30-19:30||Jiu-Jitsu||MMA Sparring||Jiu-Jitsu||MMA||Boxing / Kick Boxing Sparring|
-Circuit Class: Circuit training is a form of body conditioning or resistance training using high- intensity aerobics. It targets strength building and muscular endurance.
- Cardio Boxing: is a fusion of boxing, martial arts and aerobics. Offering an intense cross-training and total-body workout it utilizes the training routines used by combat athletes in martial arts, boxing and kickboxing.
- Kettlebells: Kettlebells provides the ultimate in functional training. The basics kettlebell drills centre around fundamental human movements such as squatting, lunging, bending, lifting, pushing, pulling and twisting.
- Sprints: Repeated quality runs (in excess of 75 percent of the runner’s basic speed) of 50-150m with rest periods that allow complete recovery.
- Colt: A young and inexperienced fighter
- Junior: A young fighter will basic skills
- Boxing: The sport or practice of fighting with the fists, esp. with padded gloves in a roped square ring according to prescribed rules.
- Ju-Jitsu: An old Japanese martial art, based primarily on the principle of ju. Another name for Judo meaning soft or flexible combat arts and skills.
- MMA: Mixed Martial Arts is a full contact combat sport that allows the use of both striking and grappling arts while both standing and on the ground, including boxing, wrestling, Brazilian jiu-jitsu, Muay Thai, kickboxing, karate and other styles.
- Submission Wrestling: Submission wrestling is a formula of competition and a general term describing the aspect of martial arts and combat sports that focus on clinch and ground fighting with the aim of obtaining a submission using submission holds.
- Sparring: involves One on One contact, utilising skills learnt through group and personal training. At all times when sparring safety gear must be worn and only performed under trainer supervision.